UF Health Wellness Partner Updates
Visit the UFHR Wellness website for all the wellness opportunities available to us!
Wellness Partner Updates – February 2021
- Wellness Talks for February will touch on mental health disparities and heart health.
- Financial Literacy Series is on going with 1-2 workshops per month led by financial experts from our campus and community partners
- Group Coaching sessions are starting next week
- Streamed Fitness Classes – 15 minute classes during lunch hour throughout the week
- New Wellness Coordinator joining the GatorCare Wellness team later in February.
- March Madness Challenge will launch in coordination with the March Madness tournament
- Spring Walking Challenge registration will open March 15
- Wellness Week is scheduled for March 8 -13 which will be open to students, faculty, and staff within UF and UF Health. The focus is to provide resources and information to improve health and wellbeing during these difficult times.
- Our interns are working on developing programs on the following themes: emotional wellness, cultural wellness, and social support
- Center for Latin American Studies: Joining the Individual Walking Non-Challenge for Black History Month. Looking forward to other non-competitive challenges
- Aaron Taylor: Department utilizing Wellness Board. Themes: gratitude, goal settings, wellness resource sharing
- Surgery Education: faculty donated and provided hot meals to on-call residents throughout the holiday. Using rest of available funds to give residents Opus Coffee cards for Resident Appreciation Week. Looking to providing social events off campus as it has been shown to reduce burnout.
- MAE: Created a jam board to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week as a department. Feb 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day. Created a work from home bingo board.
Suggestions for team activities
- Check out the Gainesville Wellness Guide activities
- Lake Wauburg is outdoors and has many activities for all to enjoy
- Terrarium workshop at the Gainesville Houseplant Shop (5-6 people)
- Painting with a twist
- Escape Room
- Random Acts of Kindness Binder
- Florida vs Georgia Virtual Race : https://raceroster.com/events/2021/37193/florida-georgia-virtual-race
Next Book Club Selection is …
Join the Employee Wellness Book Club to read new books, have valuable discussions, and make some friends along the way! Our next round of book club will start March 3rd, and we’ll be reading The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett. Looking well beyond issues of race, The Vanishing Half considers the lasting influence of the past as it shapes a person’s decisions, desires, and expectations, and explores some of the multiple reasons and realms in which people sometimes feel pulled to live as something other than their origins. Named a BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR by The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time, NPR, Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, GQ, Vanity Fair, Harper’s Bazaar, and Glamour. Our Book club will work through this title together and meet weekly to share our thoughts. Meetings are virtual (Zoom) on Wednesdays from 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm.
Interested? Register for the club’s mailing list and receive important updates here: Employee Wellness Book Club.