UF Health Wellness Partner Updates
Visit the UFHR Wellness website for all the wellness opportunities available to us!
- We took your feedback and created a June calendar, a one-stop-shop for all things wellness
- Calendar features two new classes: a Monday 7:30 p.m. HIIT class and Tuesday 5:30 Animal Flow
- Resilient Gators sessions have been incredibly popular, will likely schedule more Zoom sessions soon. The program is also available for asynchronous access.
- June is National Men’s Health Month. Yusof is working on an initiative for that right now. To support men in taking steps to be healthier, we will be sharing men’s health facts all month long on our social media accounts on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook – @WellatUF.
- Many are participating in the Destination Vacation “follow up” walking challenge, piloting to see how this goes as a continuation of our larger challenges
- Sunshine State of Mind started this week, text each day reminding participants to put on sunscreen + a positive affirmation for the day, sign up by texting @sunsafe to 81010
- Coming up:
- Plank and Drank, July 6
- Environmental focus in August
- Fall walking challenge in Sept/Oct
- Fun Friday emails starting in July
Speaking of Fun Friday, it sounds like we could all use a morale boost so here are a fun few things from some of Dr. Merlo’s past emails:
Social distancing can be tough, but it may give you an opportunity to try things you haven’t before. If you enjoy nature and wildlife, you might want to try birdwatching! Here is An Isolation Guide to Birdwatching From Your Home that gives you all the tips and tricks for a beginner to start birdwatching. If you’d like to try your hand at making bird feeders or food, check out these activities and DIY from the Audubon Society.
Looking for a fun new dessert to try? This one would be great for your single-household, socially-distant backyard BBQ this weekend:
This amazing rendition of Bolero features current students, faculty, and alumni from The Juilliard School—watch for cameos from some of your favorite actors, musicians, conductors, and dancers: https://imsva91-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3drqzkn%2djX%2dJU&umid=F9150BE2-A757-7005-ADFA-EE42208AC651&auth=5ab06289d9c3b14f9a77f69d29e7a25870e86301-7844e7121555823fd5afcabe3f8b3346264f53e7
If you’re looking for a way to increase sustainability (and have some old t-shirts laying around), consider turning those old shirts into washable produce bags! Click through this step-by-step guide to learn how to DIY your own bag. There is even a no-sew option. Also, if you’re looking for an easy-to-make, washable face mask, this no-sew mask can be made with an old t-shirt and is perfect in a pinch!
The Fun Friday emails are currently just going out to those in the College of Medicine. We will be transitioning this over to a subscription based list that is open to all in the coming weeks. If you’d like to join that email list, you may do so here. We’ll be sending out more information on this through the Monday newsletter and on the Q3 quarterly spotlight flier so that the masses are aware.
As always, please us know if there’s anything we can do to support you and your departments!
Morgan Papworth, MCHES®
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer & Animal Flow Instructor
Wellness Manager | GatorCare
352.265.7260 (O) | 352.627.4685 (F)
Find covid-19 wellness resources here!