Rodent Models Breeding Core
Our breeding services save you time, money, and can simplify all aspects of managing your mouse colonies. We can breed, maintain, and transfer your experimental mice anywhere on campus to you as needed (transfers from the breeding colony to an on-campus location are included at no cost). No project is too small or simple; no project is too large or complex.
- Our managers and supervisors have 20+ years of experience in rodent colony management
- Colony managers are assigned to specific labs in order to effectively and efficiently handle all of your colonies experimental needs and timelines.
- Experienced with many genetic configurations: heterozygous, development of lines with triple genes of interest, Cre/flox, and difficult to breed colonies
- Restricted access area with dedicated ACS personnel, to reduce traffic in the area and prevent the introduction of pathogens. Access to the online rodent database which shows current and past inventory, current and past weaning and mating records, new litters born, the ability to track lineage, and the ability to export information to excel for each individual rodent colony.
- Access to our in-house breeding colony of The Jackson Laboratories C57BL/6J mice (Stock Number: 000664; http://jaxmice.jax.org/strain/000664.html). Breeding stock is replenished at least every 5th generation with new mice from JAX. Save on shipping costs from JAX!
- Free on-campus transfers of your colonies.
- Tail biopsy with online submission forms so you can easily maintain records
- Ear notching, ear tagging, and tattooing methods for identification
- Timed pregnancy
- Blood collection
- Special water and feed administering
- Weigh litters
- Euthanize mice
- Diabetic testing
- Sperm cryopreservation collected from two of your genetically engineered male mice. Session fee includes one quality control, which included thawing frozen sperm and observing for viability and motility.
- Guarantee: If any quality control fails (majority of sperm non-viable or non-motile) for a given session, one new session is performed at no extra charge.
For Breeding Colony Services contact ACS-Breeding@acs.ufl.edu