Biomedical Science Building X-ray Irradiator
The Biomedical Science Building rodent barrier facility contains an x-ray irradiator that is available for use by PI’s. The X-RAD 320 is a self-contained X-ray system for delivering a precise, whole body radiation dosage to specimens in a biological or small animal research laboratory.
ACS is no longer performing irradiations. Please see instructions below for training, access and approval to run irradiations.
For access to the BMS irradiator you must:
- Have rodents housed in the BMS barrier facility or request access for cell irradiation
- Have completed all facility access requirements
- Submit an access request form for “BMS – Irradiator Use” (see step #4 at the facility access link above)
- Once your PI approves the request, the ACS Front Office will verify that you’ve met the access requirements
- The ACS Front Office will then notify Susan Stanford firstname.lastname@example.org with EH&S that you are cleared for training and she will arrange for a time to meet with you
For complete irradiator SOP and instructions click here BMS X-ray Irradiator SOP
If your animals can not be housed in BMS you can reach out to EHS to discuss other irradiation options on campus by contacting Susan Stanford email@example.com Office phone: 352-294-1020